The key to my consulting practice is helping an organization maximize the potential to their online presence. This typically will include helping to establish benchmarks for the current site against other similar websites, developing a forecast of potential website impact, assessment of competitive landscape and then helping to create a program to expand the reach of the site. In particular most consulting projects will focus upon the following:
Areas of Expertise
Building Website Traffic
- Search engine optimization strategy development. One of the fastest internet marketing strategies currently being utilized is search engine optimization. The key in search engine optimization is working with you to ensure that your site is written and organized in such a way as to be search engine friendly. This may include some technical modifications or it might involve work-around strategies that will allow you to get the best possible result from your current site architecture and design. This can include the following:
- Search engine friendly content development
- Site Optimization and Submission
- Link building strategies
- Public relations exposure
- Pay per click program creation and management. Probably the fastest growing segment of search engine marketing is the use of pay-per-click or PPC as way to gain search engine traffic. I will help you not only create a rock-solid PPC campaign, but also assist you in managing and monitoring these campaigns for maximum effectiveness.
Website Analytics / Website Assessments
- What people do on a site? Why they do it? And how the process can be improved for more effective user experiences. Some additional questions we help answer could be how do various audience segment behave and can be identify any behavioral trends amongst very specific customers. One client had us analyze the traffic for one particular prospect organization through their website. We could see that this hot prospect was especially concerned with the make-up of the companies management team. The organization used this information proactively and began involving senior managers in the sales process with significant success.
- Web analytics can also provide you with the ability to measure the effectiveness of the website in producing a specific activity such as form registration. By analyzing this information at a granular level we can also determine what is the most productive channel for producing business leads.
- A critical part of web analytics is being able to identify any usability problems. Our goal is to see if there are any problems that users are experiencing that could jeopardize the companies leadership position. In one client engagement this analysis allowed us to see that users were oftentimes being directed through the backdoor due to an over-aggressive search engine marketing campaign. The end result was that site visitors quickly became confused by this strategy and therefore left the site before they had a chance to gain a more complete picture of the company.
- Deliverables - The final work product for this type of project is a written report of the website performance for the period analyzed as well as strategic recommendations on how the site could be improved. Some companies also have requested that I perform on-going site analysis. For example, how the site performs not just historically, but moving forward and the measurement of new marketing strategies.
Website Development and Planning
- Project Scope Definition – As a consultant I work with companies to help them plan and define the creation of new web technology. This may include helping an organization define realistically what can be created within an established budget. The outcome of this process is the creation of a project scope document that can be used as a means to gathering competitive estimates.
- Web Development Advisory Consultant – One of the most difficult tasks of an organization is finding and selecting the appropriate web developer. Building upon the project scope definition we work with organizations through the development process including contract and professional service agreement review. The key is to make sure that the project development meets the scope definition and the long-term goals of the organization.
International Outsourcing Consulting
- While a number of companies are interested in outsourcing some of their technical responsibilities they may not have the international resources or contacts in place to make an informed decision about the most appropriate provider. For over ten years, I’ve formed a network of proven outsource partners that can could be an appropriate fit for your project. In addition, I can work with you to negotiate and manage the complexities of international outsourcing. In addition, I can advise you when a project is not a good fit for outsourcing.